Asthma is quite common in some parts of the world. Despite Asthma being a serious disease, the number of patients of Asthma has significantly decreased in the recent years. This can be directly credited to the vast array of medicines available. But there are times when you might need to deal with an asthma attack without inhaler or in the absence of other prescription drugs. Here are a few tips to prevent Asthma without inhale or medication.
Prevent Asthma: No Inhaler or Medications
- You should first understand what triggers Asthma in your case. For many its smoke(even second hand), for some others, it might be allergy, emotional stress or even exercise. If smoke triggers your Asthma, stay away from smokers as much as possible. If you are allergic to certain things like dust etc., take allergic medicines to prevent the attack. And If exercise is your trigger, warm up slowly. For some, emotional stress can also lead to Asthma attack. Therefore, you should learn some techniques to relax and feel calmer.
- Regular exercise is very necessary. However, if exercise is your trigger, make sure to do the right kind of exercise and do light exercises.
- Fruits and vegetables are good antioxidants that strengthen your immunity against asthma.
- Caffeine is a suppresser of Asthma and if you want put a check to your Asthma without inhaler or medication, you should take coffee more regularly. Caffeine decreases inflammation and helps the smooth muscles relax. A cup of coffee can relax your muscles in the bronchi airways of the lungs. Larger doses of caffeine can be as good as inhalers.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your lungs hydrated. Consume more water and you can control Asthma without inhaler or medication to a great extent.
- Learn some breathing techniques. Most of the patients don’t think much about breathing. Breathing is controlled by muscles in your lung and as any other muscles, these can also be exercised. An easy way to exercise these muscles is with Breathing co-ordination. It is a method which is based on the fact that with Asthma, the main concern is not of getting air into lungs but more of getting rid of air completely. Breathing co-ordination process helps get rid of carbon dioxide of out your lungs much quicker and helps make your diaphragm muscle stronger so that you can move air in and out of your lungs more easily.