Living healthy during exams this year
Most of the students who believe in studying just before the exams find a very hard time to prepare for the same. And during these times, its highly likely for them to be careless about their health. Engrossed by exam dilemmas the are compelled to go through late night and early morning sessions, giving themselves very little time for sleep. The stress level that students put themselves through during exam times can adversely affect their health. It can lead to medical problems ranging from stomach aches to headaches and more. Living healthy during is not only important for your body but also important for your performance as a deteriorated health can adversely affect your how you perform in exams. If your exams are nearing or if you are already preparing for them, here are some tips that will help you stay healthy during your exam.
The Irish Pharmacy Union in a press release published recently offered some great advices on reducing the stress levels at the time of exams. Kathy Maher, vice president of IPU said, “stress can manifest itself in the body in a number of different ways affecting a student’s health”. Their tips on healthy living during exams have been summarized as follows:
- Eat regular meals and maintain a balanced diet supplemented with vitamins.
- Headaches are common during exams for many students. So, drink plenty of water, take regular breaks between your study times and study in a room where there’s ample flow of air.
- Students who wear glasses or contact lenses shouldn’t strain their eyes too much.
- If you want to stay healthy during exams, you should be very careful about your eating habits and prevent any bowel problems that may arise. If you suffer from gastric or constipation, you should drink plenty of water and eat high fibre foods. Take a proper prescription from your pharmacist to maintain a proper flow of vitamins and minerals in your body.
- Those who suffer from Hay fever should stay indoors and avoid going outside especially during the mid-mornings and early evenings. Some improper medications for hay fever can cause drowsiness; therefore make sure to take the right one.
- Students who suffer from Asthma should carry their inhalers during their exam time and use regularly even while studying. You might want to consult your pharmacist on how you can improve your inhaling techniques.
- Keeping your skin well moisture with proper creams and wearing loose fitting clothes will prevent your skin from itching.
- Insomnia is a quite common problem faced by students. To prevent it, try to stay as much away from coffee as you can. You should also make sure to take regular breaks during your study schedule.
- Healthy living during exam is also determined by your sitting posture and the elements you rely on for studying. Make sure your chair is comfortable and gives a good back support. Slouching over the desk isn’t recommended.
These healthy living tips, if followed properly will surely help you stay fit and fine during your exams and also positively contribute to your exam performance.