Who doesn’t want whiter brighter looking teeth. There are many teeth whitening kits and supplements available in the market today. However, if you are really keen on maintaining blinding white teeth, you can even do so at home. Here are some tips that might come in handy if you want to try out some teeth whitening means at home.
The market is flooded with all kinds of teeth whitening kits from teeth whitening strips to teeth whitening trays, toothpastes and more. However, its not necessary for you to go buy all kinds of teeth whitening tools available in the market. Using these is pretty straightforward. However while using any teeth whitening home kits, you should be careful about the right proportions to apply, measures to adopt to prevent any side effects and more.
Teeth whitening strips for teeth whitening at home
Teeth whitening strips are pretty popular these days and using them is also quite easy. You can apply the strips to your mouth and run your fingers over the strips to make sure that the gel in the strip sticks to your teeth. Strips are one of the most used teeth whitening home tools. While using it, don’t move your tongue too much or you would get the gel in the strip all over your mouth. Make sure you read the instructions properly and leave the strip stuck to your teeth for the said amount of time.
Brushing and flossing your teeth properly
Brushing is the best way to maintain healthy white teeth. Brushing removes items lodged in between your teeth that can bring about bad breath and give your teeth an unpleasant tint. Flossing properly is also important as it helps to remove any plaque formed between your teeth.
Your toothbrush should also be of good quality. If you want white teeth at home, start with picking the right toothbrush for you. Here are some useful tips and requisites for toothbrushing to maintain shining teeth
Home teeth whitening tips: Brushing your teeth properly
- Have a comfortable handle
- Proper bristles that aren’t too soft or too hard.
- Brushing amply is necessary. Its recommended that you brush at least twice a day and spend a good deal reaching to every crevices of your mouth
- Brushing too often isn’t recommended either. Brushing more than 3 times a day can cause bacterial plaque formation. Besides that, it can also erode the natural tooth enamel.
- Brush in the correct way. For eg, taking long horizontal strokes along the gums can lead to abrasions. Therefore use short strokes to brush your teeth and make sure that your brush is aligned at a 45 degree angle to your mouth.
- Never skip inner tooth surfaces
- Follow up a toothbrush with a rinse.
- Make sure that your toothbrush is dry before you brush with it as it might cultivate bacteria and germs in its moist form.
- Starting at the same place each time while brushing isn’t a very good practice. It will make you laze and therefore, brushing at a different quadrant of the mouth everytime will get you more interested in the task.
Baking Soda with Lemon Juice: A perfect combination for teeth whitening at home
Home Teeth Whitening with Hydroen Peroxide
If you are someone on a tighter budget who cannot spend on expensive teeth whitening kit yet, your best would be to use Hydroen Peroxide. Hydrogen Peroxide usage for teeth whitening at home has been recognized to a safe practice by the American Dental Association. Hydrogen peroxide is used in a lot of different cases including treatment of wounds, but it can gives some great oral hygiene results If used properly.
Baking Soda and Lemon Juice for Teeth whitening
Baking Soda with Lemon Juice is a perfect concoction for teeth whitening. Dr. Oz suggested a method to use these for teeth whitening.
Bakin Soda and Lemon Juice for teeth whitening at home
- Squeeze the lemon juice into baking soda and let the solution bubble
- Dip a cotton ball into this solution and apply it to your teeth. Make sure that it reaches every nook and crany of your mouth.
- Now let the solution stay on your teeth for about a minute or two and rinse your mouth.
- As a precaution, don’t let the solution stay for too long in your mouth as it may cause adverse effects on the teeth.
- Removing baking soda is very necessary, using too much of this solution isn’t recommended.
These home teeth whitening tips should help you get started with good teeth whitening practices at home without spending a lot on it.